Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-14-2011, 11:42 AM   #1
Beta Member

Default Vista restore on dell desktop not working

Hi,
I apologize if my question has been discussed before as I am not computer savvy. I have something nasty on my computer and have paid for PC Tools and some friends have tried to work on my computer with no help. I have a dell desktop that I am trying to restore to factory settings and have tried F8, CTRL f11, etc..... I have tried everything to reboot and cannot. I do not have the original disk and just want to start from scratch and get things going again. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

riles1374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:59 PM   #2
Baseband Member

Send a message via AIM to maverick0923 Send a message via MSN to maverick0923 Send a message via Yahoo to maverick0923
Default Re: Vista restore on dell desktop not working

Are you sure that your Dell has this restore option on the hard drive? Sometimes Dell's are equipped with a recovery feature, but not all the time. You would need the original Disks to get this resolved or find a Vista CD and see if your Key works with it. I have a copy of Vista Home Premium, i can send you a link to download if you want to try it. What model is your dell?

maverick0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
Beta Member

Thanks for the reply! I have restored it before, but this time it seems it will not let me restore. Not sure what kind I have, but the numbers I pulled off the computer are J6HKXD1
Bought around 1997. I have PC Tools spyware on it, but it seems when I run it that things get worse. Thanks again
riles1374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #4
Baseband Member

Send a message via AIM to maverick0923 Send a message via MSN to maverick0923 Send a message via Yahoo to maverick0923

Its possible that whatever is on your computer is preventing you from accessing the restore partition on boot up. Your also not able to execute the restore through the OS correct? Do you have any tools you can run on boot up that will scan your computer?

Try this link it has more information and gives you software you can download and try:

Download FREE Bootable Rescue CDs from Kaspersky, BitDefender, Avira, F-Secure and Others - Tweaking with Vishal
maverick0923 is offline   Reply With Quote