Vista randomly freezing often!! HELP PLEASE!!

superman22x

Golden Master
I have windows vista RC1 installed on a brand new build of mine and every time I boot my computer it freezes completely after being booted up for 5-10 minutes sometimes longer. It happened once before and it seemed like after I did virus scan it got better, but I cant get a virus scan completely done before it freezes, and I dont even know if its a virus or not. I am going to install vista RC1 64bit edition soon, once I got my graphics card and dvd drive. Has anyone had this problem with vista RC1 before? Is there any thing I can do to fix it?

Thanks

may be hardware compatibility issues cos its a beta they dont add drivers for all compatible hardwares just a few like at my uncles work they cant get it cos they use compaqs and it is not compatible with the bios

Its been running ok for a while, mcafee found 5 viruses before it froze, and after I rebooted it didnt find any and its been running for a while now, so maybe one of those 5 viruses that I hope it deleted was the problem, but IDK. Maybe I'll order RC2 or have they made an RC3?

hmm dunno about rc3 yet but like you said it probably was a virus on the computer try running a different anti virus , also have you tried a spyware scan

They have the RTM release now. It's a version where you can actually use for real and good. Now, I think they're preparing the box designs and such.

I have tried an anti-spyware, its a free one though. Ad-aware. Is it good? Or should I try better? I'm tight on cash. So basically is there better free anti-spyware. My parents have an account with Mcafee so thats how I got that, but they dont have antispyware. Maybe I'll ask for spyware doc for Xmas.

superman22x said:
Where could I order vista RTM? I can't download it if its free because we have dial-up.
do what i did when i had dial up,
Required
1 friend with broadband
1 external hdd or 4gb or more flash drive
about 4-5 hours
The Plan
step1)ring a friend wo has broadband
step2)tell them your comp is broke
step3)ask them if you can use theirs
step4)go to their house with external hdd or 4GB flash drive
step5)go on internet
step6)download vista rtm to external hdd or 4gb flash drive
step7)go back home
step8)burn vista rtm to dvd
step9)install vista rtm

I ordered vista RC1 from microsoft for $5 including shipping. So if I can find RTM maybe I can do that. Oh, even after those other viruses my computer still is freezing sometimes. Its driving me crazy because its not even a month old.

Back
Top Bottom