Vista Question

toias123

Baseband Member
hi,

i currently have xp pro on my pc. I wanna get vista premium OEM edition. I can't find my xp disc-is it needed?

not really, it is if something goes wrong with vista and u want 2 put xp pro back on, the only thing i think you need is the vista drivers really.

so all i need to do is buy the vista disk and upgrade or will i ahve to do clean install?

You can do either way, unless you just buy an upgrade disc (ya would need ya XP disc then to validate for a clean install)

That will be fine. The processor is 64bit so ya could run that if you want. The only problems i could see, is getting hold of some 64bit drivers, especially if you have some old devices like printers etc, other than that it should be fine. Have a look here at the vista hardware compatability list (HCL) this tells you all the components that have been tested with Vista so far
http://technet2.microsoft.com/Windo...5ea7-4ad3-be3f-af29f7b48dde1033.mspx?mfr=true
EDIT
What are your current pc specs aswell?

yeh i would wait until like 3 or 4 months before you install it so they can fix any bugs they have and untill you get all the right drivers for everything. i got a laptop over xmas and have ordered vista coz it came free with me laptop but im not goin 2 install it 4 ages yet, even tho i want , just incase of any probs.

Steff said:
I would personaly not upgrade to Vista yet all sorts could go wrong

agreed, I would wait a little while atleast like 5 or 6 months...just let them get the 64 bit going well then upgrade to that

Back
Top Bottom