Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
Clh
Beta Member

Question Vista Problems

My computer was stolen, when retrieved it was messed up...I get error 3:EEEE-0000......I tried to reinstall manufacture disk, then to erase hard drive nothing I can't get past the error...

Clh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Vista Problems

Is this a Toshiba laptop?

If so a quick google search on the error suggets that it's a bug in the Toshiba recovery program. Do you have a copy of Vista (not the recovery cd) that you could use to re-install the OS?

jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacavali View Post
Is this a Toshiba laptop?

If so a quick google search on the error suggets that it's a bug in the Toshiba recovery program. Do you have a copy of Vista (not the recovery cd) that you could use to re-install the OS?
Or you could download the .iso of the OS you're using and install it using the key located somewhere on the laptop/case.
i7-3930K - Corsair H100 push/pull fans - ASUS Rampage IV Extreme - 4 x 4GB G.Skill DDR3 2133 - 2 x EVGA GTX680s in SLI - OS, 256GB Samsung 830 SSD - Games, 256GB Crucial M4 SSD - Antec TPC 1200W - Dell 27" IPS 2560x1440 - APC XS1500 UPS - Win7 Ultimate x64
OS-Wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #4
Clh
Beta Member

I have the original cd's that came with the computer. I did google, it was to confussing for me...I am in no way a computer wiz...But I also do not want to pay 150.00 to get it fixed.

I can not download anything to my computer because it won't bring up windows.

Anything else I can do at this point?
Old 10-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
Fully Optimized

Is one of the CD's the actual Operating System and not a recovery cd?
Old 10-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #6
In Runtime

do you have any data that needs to be recoverd?
if not use a copy of windows and reinstall windows using a oem copy or iso image and install the software that way as the recovery disk is not working you can clean the drive and it's data using dban then install the operating system after that way I fill for you I do, but there is no easey way about this for you.

Sorry it is hard task and that it was stolen from and and returned in a state,

did you have no insurance that covers it to get it repaird.

Kind Regards
Fujitsu_Technician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:29 PM   #7
Clh
Beta Member

No insurance but let me tell you...Thanks to OS-Wiz, I got the computer to work with the button on my conputer that looks like the earth with arrows circeling it. It took about 6 times of going thru the proscess but my computer disks reloaded when I hit that button like a mad man. THANKS OS-WIZ....Now I need to find the button that turns on the Internet, I am going to down load the manual if I can. This site is awesome.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:56 AM   #8
In Runtime

Pleased you sorted the problem.

Kind Regards
Fujitsu_Technician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:40 AM   #9
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS-Wiz View Post
Or you could download the .iso of the OS you're using and install it using the key located somewhere on the laptop/case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clh View Post
No insurance but let me tell you...Thanks to OS-Wiz, I got the computer to work with the button on my conputer that looks like the earth with arrows circeling it. It took about 6 times of going thru the proscess but my computer disks reloaded when I hit that button like a mad man. THANKS OS-WIZ....Now I need to find the button that turns on the Internet, I am going to down load the manual if I can. This site is awesome.
BAHAHA

OS-Wiz was referring to the product key - the serial number that lets you install windows. Not a physical key on the computer

Regardless, glad you got it working. As for the wireless button, it can be on the side of the case or it can be one of the F1-F12 buttons. If it's an F button then you'll have to hold down the FN key as well. Generally it's somewhere between F5-F8.

Tags
error 3-eeee-0000, hard drive, vista