Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-23-2007, 12:55 PM   #1
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Steemax Send a message via MSN to Steemax Send a message via Yahoo to Steemax
Default Vista problems

Ok so I just installed Vista Ultimate on my laptop THAT has a "Vista capable" sticker on it (i so laugh at that ) anyways... Right now im using the windows xp drivers because they work flawlesssly BUT they are nto allowing me to run aero or the see through bars.. when i get the Vista version of the drivers.. every game glitches out , and when i ctrl alt delete there are black lines going up and down the scree.. basicly its completly screwing up.. but only on the desktop its ok.. now is it because the new drivers suck or is there some setting or is there a special way of installing these new drivers..

Old 06-23-2007, 12:58 PM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz
Default Re: Vista problems

Have you ran the windows update? That sorted out all my driver issues in Vista. Also, what are the exact specs of the laptop?

Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 01:01 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Steemax Send a message via MSN to Steemax Send a message via Yahoo to Steemax

Nope havent ran the Vista updates yet but done the windows one because i used the upgrade feature instead of a fresh reformat... Specs:

Centrino Duo 1.66ghz
1gb DDR2 pc2 4200 About to order 2gb tonight...
128MB integrated Video card
100Gb 5400RPM Hitachi HDD
17" wide screen (if that has anything to do with anything)
and I believe thats it...
oh its a Toshiba S6024
Old 06-23-2007, 01:10 PM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

Ive just checked the vista hardware compatability list and i cant find your graphics device listed, so that might explain why your having problems. Take a look here in case ive missed it.
http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window....mspx?mfr=true
Old 06-23-2007, 01:15 PM   #5
Daemon Poster

wierd because before i got vista I ran that comptability program form microsoft and everthing passed... oh and windows update did find a fix/patch for my video card, it downloaded it but when i tried installing it gave me Error "80070103" man im starting to hate microsoft..
Old 06-23-2007, 01:18 PM   #6
Golden Master

Seems like your not the only one having that error, and it seems like there are tons of causes. Have a look here and see if any of them aply to you.
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=80070103&meta=
Old 06-23-2007, 01:20 PM   #7
Daemon Poster

I think i found the right drivers.. instead of going to intel i went to the manufacture website toshiba and got the display drivers from them for vista. and I checked the versions and they are completly different versions then the one from intel.. hopefully this one works !!
Old 06-23-2007, 01:21 PM   #8
Daemon Poster

I think i found the right drivers.. instead of going to intel i went to the manufacture website toshiba and got the display drivers from them for vista. and I checked the versions and they are completly different versions then the one from intel.. hopefully this one works !!

crap double post
Old 06-23-2007, 01:22 PM   #9
Golden Master

I was gonna post them for you before, but i figured that they where the ones you had tried lol
Old 06-23-2007, 01:29 PM   #10
Daemon Poster

Yeah its still doing the same exact thing