vista problem

convergecult

In Runtime
for some reason on my new laptop it keeps making me sign in when i turn my computer turns on or select which user even though i only have one user. i tried changing it but it comes back by its self

Have you tried goto Start > Run and type: control userpasswords2
then click ok, then there should be a dailog box appear on this box near the top there will be a box checked saying all users must enter a user name and password to use this computer - uncheck this box and click ok, you may be prompted to enter the username you want wndows to logon and enter the accounts password.

Just as an FYI, the search bar can act as a run command. Otherwise you can customize the startmenu (right click an open place on the startmenu and click properties. then click customize) then you can add the Run box to the start menu.

cool thanks...i still can not get it to not come up when i turn on the laptop it says user locked and i have to click on the icon to log in no password though just have to click on it..also i just noticed i no longer have a recycle bin on my desktop? anyone else have this problems with vista?

Back
Top Bottom