vista problem

ericf19931

Daemon Poster
sometimes when i open a folder that contains a .avi movie file or a video file, an error box shows up saying the COM SURROGATE has stopped responding. after i close the program, a bubble pops up on the bottom of the screen saying that theres something wrong with Xvid, but i tried to do everything with Xvid and divx but the problem is still coming up. does anyone have any ideas?

IMO get out of vista asap, vista is just terrible with compatibility, its just a long line of errors and disappointment ...

vista is just terrible with compatibility, its just a long line of errors and disappointment ...

Prove that. I have vista and the only thing that doesn't work is my 5 year old printer. and that's not vista's fault. It's lexmarks.

Have you tried re-installing DivX?

Lol, well, like every single Nvdia pci-e card that is apparently "vista essential" and "built for vista" don't even work! Try searching nvlddmkm and tell me what you come up with. Thats just one thing. It eats up RAM. Horrible OS for gaming. Shall I go on? XP will NOT die out for a long long time.

try setting the compatibility for xvid back to XP...

Rofl.

Lol, well, like every single Nvdia pci-e card that is apparently "vista essential" and "built for vista" don't even work! Try searching nvlddmkm and tell me what you come up with. Thats just one thing. It eats up RAM. Horrible OS for gaming. Shall I go on? XP will NOT die out for a long long time.

Once again prove it. I have yet to have one blue-screen or driver error. I game on it all the time and the only thing that is slower is the closing of the games. they run the same, if not a little better during the game itself.

BTW, I use an 8800 which are supposed to have the most problems.

Omg I just did ... I had Vista b4 it SUCKS .. lets put it this way, WHAT IS GOOD ABOUT VISTA? The constant crap if I want to run a program, it retardedly blocking crap I want and not crap I don't want ???!!!?!?! Maybe you like it because the theme is "shinnnnyyyy" eww ahhh !>!?

Not trying to be mean but I want to know why it is great?

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom