Vista & Linksys

harrybo

Baseband Member
My friend had a "WUSB54GS - Wireless-G USB Network Adapter with Speedbooster" and i recently installed vista for him and the antenna will just not work! at first i used the windows wireless software but when it connected to the router and it said there was 2 connections and it wouldnt connect to the internet, so i thought i might do the sensible thing and get the official drivers/software, so i did and when i tried to install it besides it not giving me the right network security option it just got stuck on 30% and didnt budge for hours, there were 2 versions of the drivers ver 1 and ver 2 number one just got stuck like i said and number 2 the install wizards wrighting was all skrewed up and misplaced so im pritty sure its vista not being compatible, does any one know of any drivers for it that support vista? and any info in general about this problem?

Linksys adapters seem to have the most incompatibiltiy with Vista. I have D-Link fortunately. But here's a disclaimer from Linksys in regards to Vista:

Windows VISTA

Linksys will provide support for Microsoft Vista platforms for selected products beginning January 30, 2007. The list of supported products will be published on that day.

For existing products, driver or firmware updates may be required. While there may be challenges with an upgrade process, this is a necessary step to assure that the highest level of quality and full compatibility with the platform are met. We are committed to support Windows Vista and have been coordinating closely with Microsoft to make the necessary changes.

Will all Linksys products be supported by Windows VISTA?
No, only selected products will be supported.

Which Linksys products are supported by Windows VISTA?
A list of all supported products will be published and made available on our web site on Jan 30, 2007, the time when Windows VISTA will be released by Microsoft.

If a product is supported by Windows VISTA, do I need a driver?
Some products may need an updated driver, but some may not. We will release a list of all supported products on Jan 30, 2007 when more details can be found for each product.

Where can I find those drivers/firmware?
If the product is supported and needs a driver/firmware, we will make those drivers/firmware available on our support site under the "download" section.

Where will this list be published?
The list of supported products will be published on our support web site www.linksys.com/support.

I installed vista on my work computer, sisters computer and mine and they all found the wireless card without my help, one is d-link 108g, tp-link 108g and another d-link 54g.

D-Link, aren't they the best? I'm also using a D-Link wireless adapter too, but our router is a Linksys Wireless-N. Yeah, my stupid roommate upgraded our router without telling us. I guess, yay? I want the Wireless-N adapter on to see if there really is a 12x speed difference :p

unless your transferring files through a network or you happen to have fibre optic internet it makes no sense to buy N routers yet, they're still in beta

I asked him why he did it, because the other guys were complaining that they've been getting more frequent dropoffs now. We had compatible wireless g adpters so I don't know if the N had anything to do with it (although the router claims to have wireless g support too). I don't know why he upgraded it because our old Linksys Wireless G SpeedBoost was working great with rare dropoff. One of my other roommate (there's like 5 of us living in a house) says if he gets disconnected one more time, he's gettting a Wireless N adapter. Ha, it already did, lol. He's pissed...maybe it's stupid Time Warner, or there's just a lot of people online.

they do have G support but they have big issues with dropping connections often and random. I'd wait until it starts becoming a common item.

Back
Top Bottom