Vista help.

bLEEb

Baseband Member
I don't really know how to say this simply/nor how to search it within these forums but..

I just got Vista, had to update my laptop and it isn't the same as XP. When I used to go away for a bit or even over night I used to not turn off my laptop and everything would be good. Now every time I go away from my computer for a long period of time the internet turns off during the process and exits out of all my online applications. My goal is to turn this off and keep the laptop from having the wireless disabled. Can you do this with Vista? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advanced.

Check power options like said above, also check the NIC properties as alot of them have a power option on them (you can do this in device manager)

What's NIC? And I have tried everything under the power options for sometime now.. Any other advice/suggestions please :s

Well nic is the network card , and yeah check its power options , either there will be a control pannel icon for it or in the device manager ,
i would also have a look round the network center see if there is anything there of interest

I think I may have found it under my video card controller in the network options. Thanks all.

Nevermind! Still have the stupid problem.

It occurs when I shut the lid of my computer/possibly when it sleeps due to inactivity for at least 20 minutes when I have gone away for a few minutes. :( This is annoying.

Thanks.

Sounds like its your power options then, AFAIK vista uses a new type whickh require a BIOS update to work properly. So check for a BIOS update. You will probably need to reinstall vista aswell once the BIOS update has been done, as the necessary components get added during the OS install phase.

My old notebook had XP and HP lost it which they bought me a whole new notebook but I had to get Vista. I don't know how to uninstall or re-install it if anything let alone have the disk.. :s I'm screwed? Where/What is the BIOS thing?

Back
Top Bottom