Vista Drivers

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
Well before i go to to school i want to ask a question so i can hopefully have good news to come home too.

I just got a copy of RC1 (yeah, the crappy version but its still vista) and before i upgrade i'm looking for new drivers for my hardware.

the only one i can find is for my video card. what i'm looking for is:
Asus P5V800 - MX (motherboard)
DLink DWL-AG530 wireless card
and a Sound Blaster Audigy Se sound card.

I saw none on their sites, but i'm hoping i'm just blind. or is vista new enough to have compatable drivers for these devices built in?

Well, your Driver CD should have them. They work. Do yourself a favor, get 5840 PPre-RTM. I had to revert back to XP by resurecting my old Windows due to lock ups (Oh Well, my two new PCs will have it) and try to crack the activation. You can use it PERMANENTLY after.

the driver disks wouldnt have drivers for Vista. they are not new enough for that.

what about IPOD drivers? anyone know about that?

You will manually have to install them. the CD disk has drivers for XP, but they work in vista.

Ipod is Itunes

lhuser said:
You will manually have to install them. the CD disk has drivers for XP, but they work in vista.

Ipod is Itunes

i thought Vista used a different driver structure so the current drivers wouldn't work.

i know ipod uses itunes, but what about Vista Drivers for it? or is that comming in as part of itunes?

You're old drivers should work fine on Vista - or at least that is the idea. RC1 still has problems with compatibility, so it might not work.

Back
Top Bottom