Vista 64bit

Jason8284

Daemon Poster
Has anyone used vista 64bit? if so, how is it? And how is it different than 32bit? One of the big reasons I want Vista 64 is so I may use all 4gigs of mt ram, and want vista for DX10 for games. Is it worth the extra .5gig or so for 64bit? Thank you all

Well its not a matter of is it worth it for the extra .5gig now. In fact its a extra .75-1.25gigs depending on your bios what it reads memory wise i'm stuck at 2.75gig in XP.

I use Vista 64bit ultimate edition and love it. You have a computer to run it with no sweat. I do recommend going on the manufactures websites and download all the drivers before you upgrade. That way after Vista installs you can just pop in a flash drive and install your chipset/motherboard drivers etc.

I love the 64bit version granted right now there are not a huge selection of applications but this is were computing is going. Your not capped at 4gigs your max is like 128gigs of ram in Vista ultimate. Granted by the time you will have 128gigs of ram windows 20 will be out lol.

As for games if your concerned all my games run fine in Vista. I actually wouldn't recommend anything less than 4gigs if you plan on gaming high end games. 64bit is backwards compatible you actually have 2 control panels a normal one and one for 32bit apps running in compatibility mode.

As for DX10 games check out Lost Planet and Bioshock.

Back
Top Bottom