Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-09-2009, 04:15 AM   #1
In Runtime
Question VISTA 64 to win7 64 - issues???

am currently running winVISTA 64 ULTIMATE and would like to upgrade to win7 ULTIMATE RTM but i have a few ??????

- is the RTM version the same as the version that will be released to the public in october?
- has anyone else done this? any issues?
- i understand that its an 'upgrade' and not a fresh install but will everything i run now really run on win7 without new drivers or will win7 automatically get the new drivers?
- any comments on compatibility with PROGRAMS, GAMES, DRIVERS or APPS???
- if i go through with this will i then need to install the public release in october to get the full benefits or will it just be a bunch of win updates?

thanks in advance!!

win7 Ultimate 64bit /// 2 x 24" LG Monitors /// Intel Core i7 920 with Xigmatek HDT-S1283 /// ASUS P6T WS PRO /// 12gigs of OCZ Gold XTC Triple Channel 6x2gig DDR3 1333MHz PC12800 /// XFX Nvidia GTX 260 core 216 /// Corsair TX750W /// Cooler Master 690 /// HDD Total = FIVE TB
liquidmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:39 AM   #2
Baseband Member
Default Re: VISTA 64 to win7 64 - issues???

First of all, I would recommend installing the release version a week or so AFTER the General Availability date. This is to allow time for M$ to find the problems they didn't have time to fix before RTM (Hot Fixes).
I would also not upgrade to the RTM, as M$ can probably get you for not installing the GA version.

It's DONE! (And dead . . .)
AMD 9850 BE @ 2.5Ghz, Gigabyte MA78G-DS3H, 4GB OCZ Preformance RAM, PNY 8800GT, 80GB SATA HDD(primary), 40GB Ultra ATA HDD (2nd-ary), 500GB SATA HDD (3rd-ary?), CoolerMaster 600W PSU, AlienWare Case 51W
All for about 800$..! I'm satisfied... =D
johanster is offline   Reply With Quote