Vista ??

movinup

Baseband Member
OK, I need to know what to do here. I uninstalled Vista Home Premium and am running XP Pro. I like that I can control more things (Group Policy, Services, etc.)

Did I not give Vista enough of a chance or should I just stay with XP?

i dont think you did
vista imo is a great os
more stable then xp
and service pack 1 is now out so deff give it another try

I've been using Vista since March of 2007 and I haven't looked back. If you already went through the trouble of uninstalling Vista and installing XP and you're happy with XP, why go back to Vista? It's all personal preference anyway.

Is it the fact you can control more things? Or, in Vista you don't know how, so aren't comfortable using it?

I haven't given Vista a try, but if I get pushed, I'll probably try it. Windows 7 will be here before we know it anyway, and that'll probably be the next XP.

It definitly takes some getting used to, but if you have the time to do so then i would definitly recommend it. I love vista.

I don't game much. Mostly word processing, photo editing and internet.

It came on a Gateway computer I bought and I did not seem comfortable with it. Things like Windows Explorer just seemed wierd. If you could reassure me I could do some customizing, then I would look at popping that reinstall disk back in. It would certainly be an easier install without the raid drivers, etc. I needed for XP.

Pick up the latest PC Plus if you have them there. It has a feature on making Vista faster and more user friendly

Thanks, I'll pick up a copy, looks like good info there.

One last question here, I have 2Gig ram. Any need or benefit to going to 4? It seems to be so cheap nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom