vista

I just got back from best buy and they had a few computers with vista home ultimate pre loaded on it. It's not a bad OS, it ran faster than I thought it would. The computers they were on had integrated graphics and 1GB RAM so I figure if they can handle it decently then so can mine.

Is it at all necessary to upgrade to Vista? Is there anything that could possibly be better in terms of performance or something of the like for one to want Vista over XP? I've been more AND less skeptical of the whole thing since it's been announced, and I was wondering why some of you are nearly drooling at the sight of it, while others are content with XP?

On one side, you could easily equip XP with addons such as the Desktop Sidebar to search for files quickly, use the Vista Tooltip addon to display thumbnails of windows that are open, or just stick with what you know.

On the other hand, if you were to upgrade, you could utilize the features such as the ReadyDrive, ReadyBoost, Sleep, and SuperFetch which could in the end slowdown your PC or increase it's performance depending on what you're doing and what you have.

Personally, I would really only want ReadyBoost, Superfetch, and Sleep for my laptop with 512RAM.

Why do you guys like/dislike it so much?

Back
Top Bottom