vista?!?!?!

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
okay i just got vista installed. i chose for it to install on my second, empty hard-drive. but for some reason, whenever i boot from my primary hard-drive, a O/S choice thing comes up. 'earlier version of windows', and 'windows vista'. why is this coming up on my primary hard-drive? i can provide more info...

Well, I assume on your primary drive you had XP installed, so did you disconnect the primary drive when you installed Vista on the old one? If so, it probably put it on your MBR of your primary drive

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/M/MBR.html

Is your secondary drive still connected to the PC when you boot with your primary? What happens when you select either of the options?

Most of the times, if you install on the same partition, it renames your old Windows. But not this case, I hope. Earlier Version would be XP.

okay i figures i can get rid of vista by formatting my drive, which i did, but vista's o/s selection screen is still there!

drumthrasher said:
okay i figures i can get rid of vista by formatting my drive, which i did, but vista's o/s selection screen is still there!

to get rid of that os selector screen...bootup to ur xp disk... and chose the recovery option and type these commands:

fixboot
fixmbr

and, if your xp partition is active...it should of removed the vista bootloader...good luck

i don't have an xp disc.
ANYWAY I GOT IT! i found something called 'vistabootpro' and it was able to do exactly what i want, remove the vista bootloader!

Back
Top Bottom