vist and quad core.....

esa193

Fully Optimized
ok so i heard that intel and amd r comin out with quad core in 2007 jan
does any one no any info any clock speeds or any thing at all?
and also will windows vista be able to take advantige of 4 cores?
and whats better amds dual core or intels new dual core 2?

Intel's core 2 duos.. or more specifcally Conroe is much MUCH better than anything AMD can give you right now.

All the Vista editions support only one or two physical processors, however, none are limited to the number of processor cores they will support. So yes, Vista will be able to handle quad core easily.

Intel Core 2 Duo is best at this point.

On a side note, AMD's new socket AM3 CPUs such as the "Deerhound", will be backwards compatible with existing socket AM2 motherboards so the upgrade path will be much smoother than originally anticipated.

Intel's quad core is suppose to operate at around 2.67GHz

TRDCorolla said:
On a side note, AMD's new socket AM3 CPUs such as the "Deerhound", will be backwards compatible with existing socket AM2 motherboards so the upgrade path will be much smoother than originally anticipated.
No shit?! that is awesome dude.

Got a link to some info regarding that?

im woundering tho what will amds quad core opperate at like what G 2 or 3
cuz i rmeber the intels d where like 3 but amd kicked there ass with only a 2.2

It's highly unlikely that quad core will be, and vista.. well.. don't hold your breathe. That probably has about another 8 months before it's even remotely worth shipping out.

MikeReiner said:
No shit?! that is awesome dude.

Got a link to some info regarding that?

Socket AM3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socket_AM3

"AMD has confirmed that AM3 processors will work in AM2 motherboards. However, AM2 processors will not be compatible with AM3 motherboards. This is because AM2 chips lack the proper memory controller for DDR3 memory (since AMD chips have the memory controller directly on the processor itself, instead of on the Northbridge), and AM3 processors will have a memory controller that supports both DDR2 and DDR3 (though it lacks the capability of running both at the same time). This has the benefit that anyone who buys a Socket AM2 motherboard will be able to freely upgrade to any AM3 processor in the future, ensuring that AM2 will have a long future and not be obsoleted too soon."

I just pasted all that there from the link above.^^^^

i hope there out by jan or feb cuz for christmas my parents rnet geting me any thing cuz im waiting for quad core and vista

didnt amd say they would be out by jan???
what dou think will be better the amd quad or intel
im leanin tords amd on a guse cuz amds been butting out some fast ass prossesors
and 2 gigs or ram should be enouph for a computer right cuz im getting a mother bord that can support up to 8

Back
Top Bottom