Virus won't let me install anti virus software

Well ad-aware doesn't take care of viruses, only spyware and adware.
But as already said reformat will do the trick. Also u can try to remove it from the startup (if it's there) start -> run -> msconfig -> startup tab
then google for all the processes and uncheck the ones that u don't want there.

I had the same exact problem. NO anti-virus software would install......I tried Norton then McAfee and kept getting error messages during installation......but I found Grisoft software and it worked like a charm....it will also allow installation even if other antivirus softwares aren't completely removed from your system:

give it a shot, 30 day free trial. It worked so good I plan on purchasing. Good luck!

http://www.grisoft.com

what ever you do don't let any computer techs anywhere touch it. I had this problem with Norton (it wouldn't let me see the symantec page or live update) and I took it to the computer hardware store in my town and they charged 120 bucks to do it. Well it happened again through that trippy lil program kaaza yes I spelled it wrong thats where they get ya. Alls I had to do was search all the programs under the name symantec and uninstall them and reinstall them.

The Moral of the Story is installs an antivirus software that updates frequently. Else, your PC will be easily prone to virus attack & data loss.

Back
Top Bottom