Virus / Spyware Question

lynn1

Beta member
Recently I was trolling the internet and must have hit a website that hijacked my computer somehow.

I have Norton Antivirus 8.0 Corp Edition running Win XP SP2 with all the updates..etc..etc..

Now, when I boot up my machine the Norton services will fail to load and when I am using Internet Explorer I can not open a webpage from clicking on a link to open it. The web page starts to open, but I get a blank screen.

I figured I have some sort of virus or maybe a spyware program.

So, I made sure Spybot was up to date, scanned with it cleaned what I found. Also, I downloaded Microsofts spyware beta, ran it cleaned what was located. I also did a manual update on Norton, ran a full system scan over night and came up clean. I also tried booting in safemode and run a virus scan, nothing reported there either.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I have tried adaware and it comes up clean. I also browsed through the Symantec website and found nothing.

I had a problem with Internet Explorer when clicking on links and such also, so I got FireFox and am loving it. Go to the Mozilla website and download it, make it you're main internet browser. If Norton isn't working, and if you have a disc for it I'd try reinstalling it. If you don't have a disc, maybe think about a new virus protector? I don't know much about Norton besides the fact it came with my computer, didn't really like it and went and bought McAfee.

--Jordon

Back
Top Bottom