Is this a virus or something?

Yeah... no problems now, but i lost ALL my files. Oh well. Makes me think twice about Viruses.

Yeah, just make sure in future you have sufficient virus and spyware protection, i recommend either Avast! or AVG for free solutions, or NOD32 if your willing to pay. As for spyware, you can't go past Spyware and Ad-Aware...

Matt

Isn't there some All-In-One thing lol?, how about McAfee?, i heard AVG won't be free soon.

AVG is free and its staying free. NOD32 is the best, i use that along with various spyware progs, and a hardware firewall. My systems have never been compromised :)

That wont work mate, only one antivirus at a time, or they will conflict. You can use as many spyware progs as you want tho

sorry you couldn't recover your files. but yes, many people think "well i never get spyware and virus's" and 80% of the time they either get attacked sometime because they weren't protected or they don't keep updated and maintained and there is already stuff on their system.

hope you don't have the same problem again

MooseMan said:
sorry you couldn't recover your files. but yes, many people think "well i never get spyware and virus's" and 80% of the time they either get attacked sometime because they weren't protected or they don't keep updated and maintained and there is already stuff on their system.

hope you don't have the same problem again

Thanks mate, a pain in the ass to download ALL my files again, some files can't even be downloaded back :(, yeah it's crazy, when i just installed the OS, the first thing i done was download a Virus/Spyware, i did a scan of both, and i had 6 Spyware ALREADY!.

Back
Top Bottom