Is this a virus or something?

Did you try the solution Microsoft provided about the boot disc thing, to see if it boots...if it doesn't...looks like it's shafted and you will need to reformat, by inserting your original XP CD and making sure the BIOS is set to the CD rom first boot device...

Matt

Yeah it is, after it says "Booting from CD/DVD" there's just a black screen and nothing else... sigh, if this is a Virus, that thing is a evil peice of shit!

You can take it off, its always better to not though, but if you want to it should be fine, it just keeps it freshly stuck together is a less complicated way of saying it :p

Steff said:
You can take it off, its always better to not though, but if you want to it should be fine, it just keeps it freshly stuck together is a less complicated way of saying it :p

Lol huh???, Can you make that simple please lol. (If it's a soloution :p)

you know jikuzen you can download a hardware diagnostic tool like i mentioned from the internet that is boot able and burn it 2 a cd, then test ur hardware that way. That is what i was suggesting to you earlier.

Mmmm, well, im repairing XP, using the cd, and it's frozen at 39 mins ("Installing Windows" stage), but the dvd drive does make the revoloution sound, but stops every few seconds, ... like a normal installation, but it's stuck on 39 mins...

Is this during the file copy stage when it freezes? If so clean the disc, try another disc, and try another drive, in that order.

Umm, it din't really freeze, the little green light, still lights up, and the Text still changes.

Collecting-Information Dynamic Update Preparing Installation Installing Windows <---- Im at this stage, and frozen at 39 mins. Finaliazing Windows

I skipped the first 3 stages, i think cause am just repairing, and the disc works fine, i installed XP not long ago onto the same PC with no problem.

EDIT: Ummm, it just changed to 37 Mins and now "Installing devices". Lol... i guess it just overestimated the Setup time

Lol... it went for 1 1/2 hours, and it was frozen on 39 mins... and err, it restarted 3 times, so am just going to re-install the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom