Virus Problems Pt2

Any last suggestions?

reformat dude! stop fucking around with the virus. Why play the game, its simply leaving you going around in circles. I would just say format the drive and re-install now.

Think about it, every time you power on that pc, you only spread the virus around. Personally, i think its beyond cleaning, format and re-install bro!

Yeah im with you,but i cant do anything until friday because of work,so i though id make this post and see if anyone else could suggest anyone,so if i cant fix it by friday (Well Thursday night) i'll be reinstalling XP OR i might consider Vista.

Yeah im with you,but i cant do anything until friday because of work,so i though id make this post and see if anyone else could suggest anyone,so if i cant fix it by friday (Well Thursday night) i'll be reinstalling XP OR i might consider Vista.

go with vista. great os, sure it had its ups and downs, but i run it...and i am very happy with it. Well good luck to you!!

Yeah i'll give it a go (DX10 w00t).

Bit of a bummer though,im just trying to figure out HOW i got the virus,i mean i have AVG on all the time??

Dammit! I get no sound on youtube anymore.

I Give up,i AM just going to reinstall windows.

Thanks for everyones help though,better go start and back up.

Yeah i'll give it a go (DX10 w00t).

Bit of a bummer though,im just trying to figure out HOW i got the virus,i mean i have AVG on all the time??

yay to DX10!

as for how you got the virus, could be many many different ways. And sorry to burst your bubble but avg isn't 100% secure. Its free...and sure its good...but its not perfect. So just because you have AVG doesn't mean you couldn't get infected. Sounds to me as its an active online virus you got, so any internet connection was feeding it. Could have been a backdoor virus you picked up along your web surfing.

After you re-install vista, get Avast. I've been using it for years now...and personally i find it better then AVG. But remember, just because you have antivirus, you aren't 100% secure. Just be careful where and what you do on your browser.

Yeah i know all that BUT now that im thinking about it about 1 month ago,the link scanner for AVG was freezing firefox so i turned it off and also im kinda using a 'sampled' version of AVG SO I Guess they could contribute to my problem.

This is the first time i have ever had to reinstall due to a virus :(

Back
Top Bottom