Virus??

:) i know it doesn't sound like much (no fancy name) but i use two products, both by webroot #1 spy sweeper with anti virus #2 webroot desk top firewall. before 132 spyware cookies, after 0 spyware cookies. before i go let me share something with you. if you should "ever" recieve an e~mail saying it's from microsoft, don't touch it. a friend of mine who is a computer wizard, sent me a notice, this is the notice. security advisory (#935964) is bogus and will corrupt your computer with trogans, virus, worms, etc.:)

I keep having issues with my computer recently. I keep getting a pop up that syas "security administration", I can click it, and have the option to repair or close. I have done both, but when I get to the repair screen it shows me nothing that resembles anything from Win XP or from NOD32, and I dont go any further.

My computer frequently freezes up, my Outlook wont work, and I have run NOD32 with no viruses found.

Any ideas

Thanks for the help!
Can you describe the popup to me, is it a grey box by any chance? Also what service pack are you running?

Yes, Give the detail error text message and also mention which anti virus are you using and also about which XP Service pack you are using.

The error is as follows:

"Security Application was unable to start" It may be a notice from Cox Security, but there is no way to tell it is theirs. That is my Cable Internet provider. Then if I say yes, it asks me "Do you want to repair the installation" I said no most of the time because I was unsure what I was saying yes to, but finally I did it, and the result was the program (whatever it was) tried to uninstall something, but ended up freezing up and had to terminate from Task Manager because it was not responding.

I did end up buying the full version of NOD32, ran it, and it said no viruses. As well did another program someone recommeded (AV something>???) cant remember name. It too did not turn up any viruses.

Anyway..................my computer is running normal now, for whatever reason.

I appreciate all the help, and hope you can point me in the right direction again if needed.

Bertman911

Back
Top Bottom