Virtual Reality (HTC Vive)

sniperviper21

Golden Master
Long time no posting,

Anyone here get into the VR craze? I am waiting for my Vive as its due in May sometime.

Anyone have any opinion or have their own that they can give input on?

I only ask in my post due to I didn't see any recent posts about it.

Hard to believe that when i first joined I was asking about buying a HD4850 and now up to a R9 290 DuCii and VR. My has the hardware changed.

Yeah, well the truth was I had to give up my mod job because I was working two full time jobs and didn't have time for CF....but i'm glad to be back.

Hey man nice to see you again. I've heard a lot about VR's since Valve announced their HTC made one but I am not really big on it. Plus my laptop would struggle like nothing else to try and run it. There is a lot of games on Steam starting to come out with VR support or having it added to existing titles.

Lucky for me, my card was just charged for the Vive so hopefully after a month or two I can give a good video review on it. If I remember to do it, i'll be sure to put it on here.

Play any good games on steam BK? Havnt see you playing much lately.

Oh yeah i remember you. Didn't at first, but i recognize the username. You changed your avatar.
Welcome back.

I am very hyped for VR. But my first impression wasn't that good.
see, i just bought a Samsung Gear VR. It's a good for the price, but i am still a little disappointed.

• The headset gets uncomfortable after just 10 minuts.
  • Can't find the Gear VR oculus home app for my rooted Galaxy S6. (it's not in the play store, and finding an apk proves to be difficult. So be aware if you like rooting)
  • Your field of view reduces quite a bit, So you are not fully immersed in the content on screen. This also adds a problem when watching 2d videos on youtube. It actually cuts off all corners and even a little of the sides. (yeah i also use it for 2d. It's nice to lay on the bed watching videos).
  • The edges of your field of view are blurry. You will have to turn your head a little to see clearly what's going on to the side in the video. This isn't as big of a problem on 360 videos, because you are ment to turn your head around, but it's still annoying.
    In real life you can move your eyes to focus on a thing to the left without having to turn your head. Not with this.

But the things listed above just makes me more excited to try out the Vive and oculus rift.
Gear VR is a cheap alternative to the real deal.

Last edited:
I believe that the Galaxy note compatible version of the Gear VR reduces the problems with FOV and blurry edges a bit. So it might still be worth the money for those who own a non rooted Galaxy Note, S6 Edge Plus or an S7 Edge.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom