Virtual PC networking...

dan7777

In Runtime
Hey guys,

I've just installed Virtual PC 2007 running XP pro.

However, I don't know how to network it it my host computer. Could somebody please walk me through the steps?

I literally have no idea of where to start. I'm not very good at networking. So far, I know that I have to turn on sharing, but that's about it.

I want to copy files to the virtual machine from my host. I can't drag and drop. So I figured that I'd network it.

Please please help!

I got Windows 95 working through Virtual PC 2007 and getting the internet working and stuff, play around with the network settings to go through your real computer's internet.

I could probably help you sometime.

It's ok. I got it working. I had the workgroups set up the same, but for some reason it wasn't working. However, I renamed them as a dif workgroup and it works now. I just need to sort out access permissions to the shared files which is proving difficult :(

It's ok. I got it working. I had the workgroups set up the same, but for some reason it wasn't working. However, I renamed them as a dif workgroup and it works now. I just need to sort out access permissions to the shared files which is proving difficult :(
That alot easier if you setup a domain controller.

Back
Top Bottom