Virtual memory settings

Fisher

Fully Optimized
I read somewhere that spyware can change your virtual memory settings which will result in your system running slower. if it did do that how would you change them back?

right click on my computer , go to properties, then click the advanced tab, then under performance click settings , then the advanced tab, at the bottom you will see virtual memory

nice one thank you

EDIT: so looking at my system in my sig what should i be seeing displayed in the virtual memory settings? at the moment custom size is 2046 maximum size is 4092 and a recommended of 3069

nice one thank you

EDIT: so looking at my system in my sig what should i be seeing displayed in the virtual memory settings? at the moment custom size is 2046 maximum size is 4092 and a recommended of 3069

I thin the recommended size is based on the size of you HDD. My recommended size is 1521MB on a 100GB HDD. I don't now what the other's "should" be... Try scanning for syware if that's what you think the problem is. You can click system managed size and Windows will manage the size for you.

Is it weird that mine is running 1536 MB on the C drive and it can go up to 3072MB as a maximum. Should I leave it as it is?

dont know. im going to change mine and see if it has any affect on performance. if its for the worst then i can always change it back

u have 2 gb of ram. unless u are in dire need of more ram u shouldnt use it at all. u shouldnt. 2 gb should be able to run anything even on vista. and i think u have xp rite? if u have xp then i recommnd turning virtual memory off.

tell me if u have xp or vista dn tell me wat games u play.

i have windows xp home edition and i play games like fear, bf2, oblivion, cnc3 etc

Back
Top Bottom