virtual memory to 0

Im sure this was one of the questions just a few days ago in the thread entitled "fire some questions at me"

If i remember right you need at least 2 GB of ram before windows stops using virtual memory/paging file. check up on it though :D

the reason im asking is because i play this game and this game specific error comes up when the game crashes, saying ur spex arent good enough, yet they are...a few other people were having this same problem and some of them just set their virtual memory to 0 and it fixed it...i looked and my virtual memory was set at 2gigs and i have 1 gig of ram

Well, Virtual Memory is basically hard drive space that Windows uses to make it "think" that it's RAM. I personally don't see an improvement even when virtual RAM is all the way up, which is any amount of Hard Drive space available, say you have a 160GB HDD, and use 140 gigs of it as virtual RAM, you won't notice any improvements even if it were set to 1 gig of virtual RAM.

Just lower it down to a few hundred MBs and you'll be all good. By the way, which game is this?

Ok, here's how to lower the Virtual Memory!

Hold down the Windows Key, it should be right next to CTRL and ALT, then while holding that down, press Pause/Break, it's the key right next to Print Screen and Scroll Lock.

Once that window pops up, click on the Advanced Tab, then click on the Performance button. Once in there, click on the Advanced tab, then select Change on under where it says Virtual Memory. Click No Paging File, select set, hit apply, reboot, and presto! No more virtual Memory!

You have to have lots of RAM to take advantage of 0 virtual memory. I tried it once and didn't like it. I went back to defualt.

Suppose to be that way, but I didn't notice a difference on my PC. I've had it running for about a week too so I was able to experiemnt with it. No gains. I swear it was slower at times. So I changed it back. You probably have to have like 2 gigs or more to work effectively.

Back
Top Bottom