Are Virgin Media any good?

k0409964

In Runtime
a simple question, is virgin media broadband any good? not the cable broadband, the broadband they offer if you dont live in a cable area.

If anybody has any experience with them i would appreciate the feed back.

thanks

Hmm.. I'm on the broadband service that comes with the Digital TV we get from them.
Its a pretty good service to be honest. It does go down sometimes, but then, so do many others. Speeds are around 3500Kbits at the mo (should be 4000Kbits)

I have used them for nearly 5 years, have upgraded to their 20meg connection about 6 months ago.

The fastest I have got is about 17megs, their customer support is pretty good imo, it has definately improved since the days of NTL (yes I know its the same company)

The only thing that riles me is their throttling between 4pm and 9pm, other then that I would recommend the service

Thanks for the feedback guys, are you getting their broadband with the cable service, ie, no through your phone line actually down the cable line or are you getting their broadband through your phone lines.

The thing is i tested it earlier using speedtest.net between 7.55 and about 8.20pm, and i was only getting about 1777meg and a BT engineer who came too our house last week tested the line and said we can get at least 6megs. so was it going slowly because of their throttling do you think?

No its through the cable service.......the difference between BT or any other ISP and Virgin is that it doesn't depend on the distance from the exchange.

When they installed it, it comes through two different sockets but its all supplied through the cable, not the telephone lines....

Back
Top Bottom