Vinyl to digital music.

Derek2000

Beta member
I want to convert old vinyl albums and cassettes to CDs, possibley MP3. I have a Technics deck, amp and cassette player but how do I connect this to the computer and edit it? Fairly basic computer system but hoping it will do the job, Win98 with CD writer. Suggestions please.

Not realy possible, but buy a microphone lol and start recording :p

You should probably go to the music store you got the things in - they may have an idea. But as far as I know its bloody hard to do. Camers' idea may be the best.

i have alot of cassettes that i converted to cd:
what you have to do is buy a y cable that has an end like you plug into a cd player's haedphone jack.

and the other end has to be RCA jacks. plug the rca jacks into the back of your cassette player ouput.

the tiny male end goes into your mic input on your comp. then all you need is a recording program to record with.

there are many programs out there.the one i use is sound forge. but this program is expensive.

so if you want a cheap priced but really good program
do a google search for (cassette to cd)
then you can choose the right program for you.

Derek2000 said:
I want to convert old vinyl albums and cassettes to CDs, possibley MP3. I have a Technics deck, amp and cassette player but how do I connect this to the computer and edit it? Fairly basic computer system but hoping it will do the job, Win98 with CD writer. Suggestions please.

When I had decks (I might be getting them again soon!) I figured out how to do this so I could record the stuff I did.

Buy a phono to minijack cable (this one->) http://www.djstore.co.uk/cgi-bin/item.pl?item=altphono1mini

Plug it into your computer sound card (line-in) and check the volume is up and not muted (the line-in).

I used a program called "Audio Record Wizard 3" I seem to remember registering it somehow (probably a friend got me a code) but you only get a few tries until you buy it, I think its cheap though :)

Hope this is what you were looking for! :D

~mr mixx~ said:
i have alot of cassettes that i converted to cd:
what you have to do is buy a y cable that has an end like you plug into a cd player's haedphone jack.

and the other end has to be RCA jacks. plug the rca jacks into the back of your cassette player ouput.

the tiny male end goes into your mic input on your comp. then all you need is a recording program to record with.

there are many programs out there.the one i use is sound forge. but this program is expensive.

so if you want a cheap priced but really good program
do a google search for (cassette to cd)
then you can choose the right program for you.
That sounds like a good idea.

bluto! of course you can use a Y cable to record. you hook it up to line in and use any decent recording software. its very easy to do! i use soundforge!

Back
Top Bottom