VIDEO: Putting together your PC

MarxSoccer

BSOD
I've been thinking for a while. It would be GREAT if someone could record, with sound, them putting together a PC. From opening up the boxes the parts came in, to booting it up. All in all I think this would help IMMENSLY with people that come here for help. Anyone that could and would do this, I would give mad props to..

Ive had that idea to. Also, maybe they could even tell people about what each part does and what brands are the best for it.

that would be very handy. with different files for the diffenernt stages of setup.

Eh, I wouldn't go so far as going into the brands and such, just stick with.. Putting it all together from taking the parts out of the boxes, to booting it up, and while your installing each part just tell a little bit about it and what it does.

I would love to do it if I had another person willing to capture everything I do with their equipment. I have no recording devices of any kind besides a digital camera. Then I'll need someone to pan around me and the hardware while I'm actually putting it together.

We should get Alvino and Ownage to do one. I think they're neighbors or something. You guys reading this?

aowen416 said:
i maybe could do it for setting up watercooling because thats comming the the mail

That could also come in handy, we could put all of these into a tutorial sub forum in the hardware forum ;)

TRD I understand what you mean, and that would come out better, I just didn't think anyone would live near someone. I was thinking someone would just end up sitting the camcorder on a table or whatnot, and have it poitned in the general direction. Maybe if someone has a girlfriend/wife/fried that would want to be a camera man for a day :p

I can probably type out my experience step by step on how I would start the build, but that's a lot of typing. My best friend when building a PC is the motherboard manual. Without that, I'm lost. That is like your bible when building your PC. The main things I look at is what the USB headers are and all those little wires from the case. That's it. Everything else is pretty much just common knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom