video not working, but sound is

horsesrox4life

Beta member
I'm trying to watch videos and for awhile nothing was working but I figured out a codec that would help, only it plays the video with the sound but no picture is visible.

Online video+sound works with flash,

Also how can I get dvds to play? I used to be able to do it, but for some reason I can't figure out how to make it work...

I'm using Windows XP, and the DivX player.

thanks

couple of things to try. Your not using anything like windowblinds are you? i do and i have to disable it to be able to see the video, sound plays fine but not the vid unless its unloaded. U cud also try VLC player, its a great freeware video player, plays pretty much everything out there, when other programs dont work i can always fall back to this and its great.

To play DVD's u need a software player, like cyberlink powerdvd or windvd, i think vlc plays DVD and thats free. if ur not sure whether or not the codec is 100% the right one, u cud try downloading a codec pack like K-lite mega codec pack. it has everything u need.

for ya codecs try downloading something called ace mega codec pack, just google it and ya will find it. Ive been using this for years now and its never let me down yet. If ya dont wanna download loads of codecs, then get a program called gspot and run this, then load ya film into it and it will tell ya what codec/s ya require.

Back
Top Bottom