Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-20-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default Video not appearing on monitor

Hello, I was wondering if any of you can help me with a problem I'm having with my computer. I built this computer about 3 months ago and it has been working fantastically until now, Video card is Radeon HD 4890, RAM: 6GB G.Skill 1333mhz, 750gb WD 7200RPM HDD, Lite-On CD/DVD Burner, an Apevia X-Dreamer 3 case, 2 cathodes, 1 red one blue, OCZ 600W Modular PSU, Motherboard is an Asus M4A785TD-M Micro ATX, and an AMD Athlon Propus Quad Core 2.9ghz.
Now, I know the Hard Drive isn't fried because it worked in another computer of mine, the video card isn't because the fan still spins unless thats just some weird reason, I don't think it's the motherboard but it might be, it recognizes all the fans I have, and the Video card, and the activity light goes on, so I don't know there, the memory to my knowledge isn't fried but seeing as my other computer is DDR2 and I have DDR3 memory I can't check if it works or not, I don't see any reason why it would be though, also, weird thing is, I tried using the onboard video on my motherboard with the video card taken out completely and no video showed up still, I tested my computer with and without a video card on multiple monitors and got the same result every time, no audio/video. I've got an Alienware monitor, it's 21.5 inches, has a specific name I don't remember, anyone that can identify my problem and has a solution to it I will give $15 on PayPal. Hope someone can help, thank you.
Pictures of my computer here -

I'm paying real money.

Mr_Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:41 AM   #2
Solid State Member
Default Re: Video not appearing on monitor

Have u tried pulling out the clock (cmos) battery out? it will reset cmos settings, and u should be able to use the integrated video if it hasn't failed.
I would try ur video card in another system to see if it outputs video, too.
j0elr0xx0rz is offline   Reply With Quote