Video has a BLOWN CAPACITOR !

John's.AMD

Baseband Member
Hey guys iv searched the forum and i cant find what im looking for.

Ok this is my BIG problem my computer crashed a cuple a weeks ago when i was trying to play FarCry with my Gforce4 Ti 4200 lol and my computer over heat when it crashed so i was like owell its over heated before so I restart like normal and i try playing need for speed under ground (At pretty low settings) and it starts laggin and im like what the crack ? and then i try playing quake and some other games and THEY ALL LAGGED it was really gay so i went to a lan party saturday and we all tryed figuring out what was wrong and well after a few hours my friend spotted what looked like a blown capacitor on my video card and im like omy gosh finaly i think we found the problem after the millionth thing myself and others have tryed. So Im Pretty that its a blown capacitor possably from over heating

Any idea's ???

maybe i can replace it with a new 1 ???

r

well iv heard of people replacing them and was just wondering if anyone here has had this ever happen to them ?

I could get a cheap 1 or replace the capacitor pretty easy cus my Brother is head of the geek squad at Bestbuy but i can never get ahold of him and I want to prove to my dad that I can fix this problem *thats supossaly my fault*

So if you any info on this subject post it up :) thanks.

John

Sure, you could try. Just find out the rating and all for it, and hope you have some steady hands when your resoldering it ;P Best bet would probably be to just get a new one... For all you know, it'll just blow again when it gets power...

I broke one off. It was under warranty and the Manufacturer just soldered a new on on.

Back
Top Bottom