Video graphics

razor-

Beta member
Hey
i dont think this is in the right place but had no idea were it goes so mods feel fre to move it..

I have a HP pavillion ze4200 laptop.. It has a 8MB graphics memory, which ive been told is built into the motherboard...

i have ATI Control Panel. So is there anyway i can get my video card to use memory from my normal ram? EG: at the moment i have an 8MB video memory and 632MB RAM.. Can i make it so i have 16MB video memory and 624MB RAM

OR Can i upgrade my Graphics memory? Ive been told that i cant because its built into the motherboard and to replace that would b ore than the laptops worth

Thanks

I know you can't upgrade it cause it is built in. As for having it share more memory from your system. Maybe check the bios it might be on there but it is usually set to the highest it can. But other than that I don't think so.

you can't upgrade the vid cards memory, but getting a new vid card MIGHT be possible. But if it's built into the motherboard then I doubt there are any slots for video cards.

Not sure if there are any simple ways to find out, you might just want to go to some local pc store (somewhere where the guy knows what he is saying, not any big companies that just sell pre built computers) and ask them if it's possible to get a new video card for your laptop.

Like I said, the answer is probably no, but it's worth a try. Won't cost anything and shouldn't take too much of your time.

Back
Top Bottom