video glitchy in vista

My computer always seems to be using 80-90% of ram when I'm not even doing a whole lot, listening to music in winamp, browsing a few internet sites and msn.

well if it is hurting that bad, then I guess you should get the 256 or 512. I was just thinking of the best way to save that extra dollar. Just trying to help out. But Vista Home Prem. wants the user to at least have 512mb just to run the OS. The rest of the memory is used for the programs you run on it.

A video card WILL help a lot. You FX5500 is a little too slow for it.

Didn't realize he was using an FX5500. I am, too (AGP). Seems to be working fine for me. I'm using Nvidia Vista Drivers 96.85 (I think - not actually using that pc as I type this). I do know that Nvidia stopped supporting pre-6x00 series around that version. I'm also using ffdshow codecs. Using that pc as my home theater pc and it works fine for me with movie playbacks. Games on the other hand ... not so well ... at least not NFL Madden 07. Madden 05 works just fine, but Madden 07 glitches on kick offs and punt returns.

Didn't realize he was using an FX5500. I am, too (AGP). Seems to be working fine for me. I'm using Nvidia Vista Drivers 96.85 (I think - not actually using that pc as I type this). I do know that Nvidia stopped supporting pre-6x00 series around that version. I'm also using ffdshow codecs. Using that pc as my home theater pc and it works fine for me with movie playbacks. Games on the other hand ... not so well ... at least not NFL Madden 07. Madden 05 works just fine, but Madden 07 glitches on kick offs and punt returns.

are you running vista on that pc??

yeah man you gotta have at least a gig to run vista nicely, more would definitely do the trick for you

Try disabling unecessary services too, that you dont use. This is a good idea if your machine is running Vista on pretty low spec. Expect some features not to be available though.

Back
Top Bottom