video glitchy in vista

mikee

Fully Optimized
I just upgraded my computer to wondows vista and now whenever I play a video it gets all glitchy and sometimes the sound gets ahead of the picture. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

It could be something simple like the spec of your pc, it just meets the minimum requirements

is there anything I can upgrade to make this stop, It more than meets the minimum to run it processor wise.

Ram, well, the minimum requirments are just to run it. You should at least try to meet the recomended requirements as well.

what the hell does vista do to require this much anyway?... oh well
try turning off the aero and see if it still does it.

With aero turned off the video is a little bit better but theres still noticable glitches, and the cpu usage shoots up when playing some videos. The glitchiness mostly happens when I am watching a divx video.

It is not so much the CPU that is doing the glitch. Its a combination between the CPU, Graphical RAM, and Physical Memory (RAM). If you are running on the bare minimum, expect the minimum. You need to make sure that your computer can handle large processes. Vista was created to be a more graphical GUI, which in the end takes up more resources than XP.

yes , you need like 512 RAM to run Vista , and a Gig is probably best. Other specs you need are 16-32 MB of video memory and faster than a 1 Ghz processor as far as i know.Does anyone know all the specs?

Back
Top Bottom