Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-18-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default Video Driver prob

Hey was wondering if someone could help me out. i turned my computer on today and it was in normal mode but it looked like it was in safe mode. I checked my video driver and its up to date and everything but it says "windows has stopped this device because it has reported a problem." also when my screen saver tries to run it says i need a newer video card or one that is campatible with Direct3D. My video card is a ATI Radeon mobility HD4250.Anyone have any ideas on whats going on?

Symbion090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:04 PM   #2
Golden Master

Default Re: Video Driver prob

Try to download the drivers from AMD's website, to see if it clears up. Has it happened to you before?

Link here: AMD.com | Support & Downloads

lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:39 PM   #3
Beta Member

No, i've never had this happen before. i have a laptop so im really hoping its not the card. I've went to AMD website and download the driver it said was best for me but still to no avail. It will install the new driver and say its working properly but when i have to restart computer it comes back the same message "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems."
Symbion090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

What do you mean by "it looked like it was in safe mode"? Could you explain the problem a little bit further please?

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:16 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
What do you mean by "it looked like it was in safe mode"? Could you explain the problem a little bit further please?
Not too hard to figure out. Low resolution, low color, everything too big... I think it was descriptive enough.

To the OP, download the latest drivers, uninstall the old ones, grab Driver Cleaner Pro (here: Download Driver Cleaner Pro v1.5 (freeware) - AfterDawn: Software downloads , and yes it works fine on Vista and 7) select all of the options for ATI, then clean. Reboot the system and install the new drivers and that should solve the issue. If it happens again, it may be possible that the card is either failing or not getting enough power. Let us know how it goes, and we can troubleshoot further.
Indigo is offline   Reply With Quote