Video Card Still not working!!

Haku Mioje

Daemon Poster
ok i was posting yesterday on how i was having issues after building my pc... well i got the issue of the mother board onboard led not wanting to come on, so that issue is fixed, and as of last night i could not get my evga 8800GTS to work, the issue i am having with it is that when i boot the pc up i cannot get any graphics to the screen, i know the VGA is getting power because the fan runs at full speed from the time i turn it on to the time i kill the power... i know that the card in in secure and the cables are connected correctly, i just dont understand why i am not getting any results... i do not have any onboard video out ports on the motherboard so i cannot check that, and this is the only VGA that i have... the specs i am running are as follows, my only other personal explanation for failure is that my PSU is to low of power but i would like to get your guys opinion on that one...
MB
CPU
VGA
CASE and PSU
RAM
CD/DVD

I know this would be a great build if i could get it to work... but it is really stressing me out right now

I didn't look at any of your stuff, but if the power supply was too weak this wouldn't be the results. The computer is turning on and everything is running right? But there is no video to your monitor...

This happened to me when I build my computer - well about a few months after. I just stopped getting a picture and I didn't know what the problem was. I'm the IT guy at a university so I took my computer and my card up to the school and tried out some stuff... the card worked in another computer so I slapped it back in mine and it worked. It's a 4870 so I would ahve been pretty mad if it was broken. You said the fan was even spinning on the card? Well then it's not power.. check if all the cables are snug (I don't mean to make this situation sound stupid, but sometimes that's the case). Go ahead and try out the card in another computer.

-Q

You 450W PSU should be fine. Make sure everything is fully seated including memory and CPU. Double check all wires and cables. Are there any beeps at boot up?

well i dont have the extra equipment here to test it all out so im going over a buddies tomorrow to use his stuff... thanks to everyone for your insight, ill keep you posted on what the verdict is

Back
Top Bottom