Video Card Questions

kjman87

Daemon Poster
Hello,

I just recently bought a new computer but it came with on board video, NVidia 6100, I have been playing CS alot more recently, and I play WoW, these games run really pretty good but I want to eventually run dual monitors and I want to be able to use the DVI input I have on my monitor (ACER 19"W) I am also looking into getting CS-S.

What are your thoughts and what is involved with transferring the processing from Onboard to a Vid card

EDIT: Id like to keep it <$200 if possible...
Computer Specs (I know next time Im going to build it myself)

TIA

-KJ

Well, you can easily get a quality video card for under $200. I currently have this card, right now I'm playing Oblivion and FEAR at all top settings.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130062

It's a good card, and well under $200. It will definately play most current games at top settings. It also has dual DVI ports. In the future though, you will want to upgrade to a DirectX10 graphics card to play the lastest games.

any other recommendations :D

and thanks for the help so far

one more thing, how do i swtich the video processing to the Card and not the onboard, or will that be explained in the instructions?

+ 1 for the 7600GT

Onboard video will automatically be disabled when you plug the 7600 into the PCI-e 16x slot

Back
Top Bottom