Video card problem

xMC91x

Solid State Member
Specs:
Mobo: GA-K8VM800M
CPU: AMD Sempron 3100+
Video Card: ATI Radeon 256mb X700

I recently formatted my computer and expectedly, the video card was messed up. The problem is that when I get into windows, everything is in 4bit colours and in the lowest resolution. I did everything I could, installed everything that was on the CD, got the latest drivers for the card, got drivers for my motherboard and checked all the options in the BIOS.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6217/problem3ur8.png
(not my computer, but the same problem)

I appreciate it if anyone can solve this problem.

This could be a Virus or something of the nature, What does it say about the driver in device manager ?

This is going to sound real dumb but from experiance I'm going to ask it:

Have you tried changing resolution and colors in windows, or were you just relying on the drivers to do it for you?

Its definitely not a virus. When I formatted it, it was using onboard and I switched it to use my video card. I didn't use the internet at all.
It says the device is working.

Lol, I think that was the first or second thing I tried. Adjusting the colour and resolution doesn't do anything. It asks if I wanted to keep it or revert back to the previous adjustment but nothing changed.

Well the last resort would be to un-install the whole thing from device manager, and then just reboot and see if windows loads a default driver for it when it loads windows up.

then if it works, you can upgrade the driver from the cd.

That didn't work. Still have the same problem. :(

Actually, I restarted again and this appeared.

The Catalyst Control Center is not supported by the driver version of you enabled graphics adapter. Please update you ATI graphics driver, or enable your ATI adapter using the Displays Manager.

Downloading the driver at ATI didn't solve this problem. The 4bit color and minimum resolution is still there.

Back
Top Bottom