Video Card problem.

hexanE

Solid State Member
Recently i purchsed an ATI Radeon 9250 Sapphire video card, 128 mb.
this is the card i bought specifically...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=40158&item=5191076218&rd=1

thinking it would work on my computer, i didnt really pay MUCH attention to the specs of the card, i guess my motherboard is not AGP compliant.

so now that i have the video card, i dont know what to do. my brother said my video card might be built into my motherboard, and i'd have to buy a new motherboard? could that be the case? for some reason i'm doubting that.

anyways, the reason i wanted a new video card is for gaming (my current card is only 8mb)

here are some computer specs. post if you can recommend a video card for me.

Mainboard : Intel Corporation D845GVSR
Chipset : Intel i845G
Processor : Intel Celeron @ 2800 MHz
Physical Memory : 768 MB (2 x 512 DDR-SDRAM PC2700 @ 166 MHz)
Video Card : Intel Corporation 82845G/GL/GV/GE/PE Integrated Graphics Device
Hard Disk : ST380011A (80 GB)
CD-Rom Recorder : HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4481B CDR, CDR-W (48x ) (48x )
Monitor Type : Gateway Gateway EV730 16 inchs
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 1

Manufacturer : Gateway
Mainboard : Intel Corporation
Bios : Intel Corp.
Chipset : Intel i845G
Physical Memory : 768 MB DDR-SDRAM
LPC bus : Yes
PCI Bus : Yes
AGP Bus : Yes
USB Bus : Yes
SMBus/i2c Bus : Yes
Bus HyperTransport : No
Bus CardBus : No
Bus FireWire : No

Processor : Intel Celeron
Frequency : 2800 MHz

Ur Motherboard is AGP capable
This is in ur Specs:
AGP Bus : Yes

U must've just been putting it in the wrong slot.

Yeah, i didnt try to do it since i'm scared i'll screw something up, my stepdad did but he said he has no idea where it is (he knows a bit about computers, installed all his cards)

so could someone help me find the slot?

i took off the side of my case and looked, i see no brown slot. but in the info i posted above it says i have an AGP bus.

ok nevermind, after looking closer at the motherboard, at the spot where the AGP slot should be, it says AGP slot and a bunch of metal "bumps"? and 3 holes where the brown slot should be. WTF?

You could have a faulty motherboard there mate... If its not even there.

There should be on new motherboard about 4 PCI slots which would be white,
the AGP slot is then the one that should be brown (but isn't) and should be a bit further to the right than the other slots.

This is because an AGP card is bigger than a PCI one and needs more space. The slots are also slightly smaller.

On the right of the AGP slot should also have a catch, this is to hold the card in after putting it in and after sliding the card into the slot the right way,
you should be able to push it slightly in farther to force the catch to close on the hole made in the card to fully hold it.

You should then be able to plug the monitor cable at the back of the card coming through the back of the PC, and boot up.

Back
Top Bottom