Video Card Problem

shneeko6

Solid State Member
hi, i just bought an Albatron GForce 4800 se AGP card and now after i installed it my computer wont boot. at all. no bios or anything. just the fans and drives spinning and a blank monitor screen. i tried everything...resetting cmos, setting the bios to AGP, and installing new drivers.
the wierd thing is...if i set the bios to boot with a PCI video card and have the agp card in as well as a pci card and go to safe mode, it shows both cards.
so im guessing that means my card is working, but i just cant get it to boot with my system.

any ideas?

yea, i was pretty much positive it was. but how come it shows up in safe mode though when i boot it with a pci video card? thats what has me stumped.

Pci Express

if oyu r card is pci express and your motherbopard dosent support it and you plugg it in a 5 pin power connector so the fans spin and the card is just jammed in a pci slot than it will not work. check your motherboard near where the card is plugged in or the manuel good luck

down with the 32 bit world
put an end to abusive os put an end to xp

Haha...are you here to promote 64-bit or help others with their computer problems?

He said that his card was in the AGP interface.

Are you getting a single beep from the computer speaker when you start up your computer? If there isn't one, then the computer isn't getting a signal to the monitor. And if that is true, make sure your card is connected properly. After that, I don't know what to say... Maybe it is a faulty card...

I'm not completely sure about the "beep" thing, but that happened to me once, and I didn't have the monitor cable plugged in securely. Check all of your connections!

Hope you fix it.

yea there is no beep. i guess its faulty. tried everything, so i guess i should just look for a new video card. now i just need to find a new one for under 150$ that can run hl2 somewhat decently....any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom