video card paste

mighty_chick

Fully Optimized
ok wanted to make my 6600gt run cooler so alvino told me to put on my artic silver ceramique and it'd be fine, so i took off my heatsink and put on the paste but i also put it on my ram chips, now he tells me they could short circuit or some crap that he should've told me before i did that, whats the chances it'll happen?

Well did it get into the cracks to where it connects to the mobo. Because if not, then i doubt it will.

money_man said:
ok wanted to make my 6600gt run cooler so alvino told me to put on my artic silver ceramique and it'd be fine, so i took off my heatsink and put on the paste but i also put it on my ram chips, now he tells me they could short circuit or some crap that he should've told me before i did that, whats the chances it'll happen?
wait u took them off and stuck them on with the paste?

nono i took off the heatsink and then wiped teh original paste off the ram chips, then put on artic silver ceramique paste, along with the core

money_man said:
nono i took off the heatsink and then wiped teh original paste off the ram chips, then put on artic silver ceramique paste, along with the core

well I don't see why anything bad would happen.
But then again alvino is more intelligent than I am, so..
but I gues that the only way to find out is to try it, though that could lead into braking the card.

Just to tell people, you run a risk of ruining your card if you put AS5 (not ceramique) on the card. AS5 is NOT conductive, but capacitive. Ceramique isnt. Ceramique is fine for the memory too. That alvino, twisting my words around. Grrr

Back
Top Bottom