Video card? New Hard drive, bad CMOS memory

if u want the same mobo, then just that 1 again,
if not, then we need to know wat ur cpu is 1st, then need to know if u want something cheap or sli ability.

huynh said:
Hi,
Thank you very much for all your great helps.

I don't have a PCI video card. The old video card that I have works for the slot that I have the arrow below:
sonyvaio510.jpg

Should I try another PCI video card?

OK, let's say that the mobo is a junk. Any idea of compatible mobo that I can buy to replace that junk? On my mobo, it says, "P4SD - VL".
Ahh, thats an AGP video card. You could maybe try a PCI video card and see if that works.

Try a PCI card :)

Have you looked on the motherboard for a jumper to disable the onboard graphics? You may need to do that first.

After taking a look on overclock.net, I believe that the processor is either an LGA775 or Socket 478. Remove the heatsink and fan and then the processor, and then compare the socket you see with pictures of the two I mentioned on the net - then look at your favourite store for a motherboard, and we'll give you our opinions :)

I could not find any jumper for the onborad graphic. :confused:
Mine is mPGA478B; so, it is socket 478, right?
(BTW, when I put it back in, I have go place in certain direction, right?)
Store? I would go with Newegg.com as suggested by many others.

I just searched for a mobo (around $60-80 for the same as mine) and a PCI video card the cheapest one of which is around $30. In that case, should I go ahead and buy a new mobo?

Buying a PCI video card to check, it may turn out that the mobo is a junk; then I have to buy a new mobo anyway!

Sounds like a Socket 478 :)

My advice to you is go down the local PC store, and make sure that they allow returns within 7 days, no questions asks.

Buy a compatible motherboard with onboard graphics, and see if it works. If it works, keep it - if it doesn't, take it back and get a refund :)

Hi all,
It su_ks! There is no local stores that has mobo with socket 478 available; but have to go to their online stores.
It takes time!

My old motherboard runs on DDR 333 (PC2700). Most of the new compatible motherboards now run on DDR 400 (PC3200).
If I buy a DDR 400 motherboard and keep using the old PC 2700 RAM cards, what would the performance be? The same or worse?
Please help.

huynh said:
My old motherboard runs on DDR 333 (PC2700). Most of the new compatible motherboards now run on DDR 400 (PC3200).
If I buy a DDR 400 motherboard and keep using the old PC 2700 RAM cards, what would the performance be? The same or worse?
Please help.

Performance will be the same compared to your last computer.

Thanks to all of you; my computer is up and runs again.
I greatly appreciate all your helps!

Back
Top Bottom