Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-05-2010, 08:09 AM   #1
Beta Member
Default video card help

Hi, I'm a newbie and need help picking a video card. I have a Dell Dimension E521 running windows 7 ultimate. What I'm trying to do is upgrade the video card to one that has an HDMI output so I can connect it to my living room TV as an entertainment PC. I'm unemployed with a tight budget so cost is a big factor. I'm not into playing any games so I know I don't need the fastest thing out there. This will only be used for general web surfing, streaming video, and I may upgrade to a blu-ray drive but that's about it. The on board video does fine on my 32" LCD with the VGA but my living room 37" has a DVI input instead of the VGA and the adapter I bought didn't work for some reason. So I was thinking the HDMI should eliminate any such problem. What I need is a reliable card that is low power and inexpensive. My computer does have the PCI express slot, but I'm not sure if it's 2.0 or not. By the way I live just a mile or so from the Compusa in Orlando,fl. Thanks for any help. jt

jt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:14 AM   #2
Site Team
Default Re: video card help

Welcome to CF!

$89.99 GIGABYTE GV-R567OC-1GI Rev2.0 Radeon HD 5670 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP

$69.99 XFX GT220XYHF2 GeForce GT 220 512MB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16
Humans are the only creatures that won't live up to the their potential. Give everything your all. When you die, die on E.

So I ask you, what do you intend to do now?
iPwn is offline   Reply With Quote