video card help

1 of these MSI R4870X2-T2D2G-OC Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB 512-bit (256-bit x 2) GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported

or two of these crossfired POWERCOLOR AX3870X21GBD4PH Radeon HD 3870 X2 1GB 512-bit (256-bit x 2) GDDR4 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire

edit: video card are the only thing I really dont know much abot. Im kinda lost

the 4870x2 over the 3870x2 crossfired, you'll also want to get a decent cpu, motherboard and power supply with it as well...

I got everything except the video card. Is this motherboard going to run it

MSI K9A2 Platinum AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard

edit:And would you mind explaining why one setup is better

1 of these MSI R4870X2-T2D2G-OC Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB 512-bit (256-bit x 2) GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported

or two of these crossfired POWERCOLOR AX3870X21GBD4PH Radeon HD 3870 X2 1GB 512-bit (256-bit x 2) GDDR4 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire

edit: video card are the only thing I really dont know much abot. Im kinda lost

I got everything except the video card. Is this motherboard going to run it

MSI K9A2 Platinum AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard

edit:And would you mind explaining why one setup is better

the one setup is better because it's a single card solution compared to a multi card solution, this usually means less headaches and makes it the simpler of the two solutions...

here is an article with some benchmarks with a 4870x2 compared to one 3870x2, though the 3870x2 is not crossfired, the 4870x2 beats it's pants off by twice the frame rates (fps) in most cases, there's no way the 3870x2 would scale enough in crossfire to catch the 4870x2 by simply adding another 3870x2...

I'm not looking for the simpler one, and money is not really an issue. I want the more powerful setup of thee two and I plan on overclocking my cpu. I dont know how much that affects the graphics card or if they can cause limitations on overclocking.

Again I just want to know which setup will put out the most. Now like I said I dont know much about graphics carrds so what Im doing may be overkill for current media. Im getting the same response everywhere else but you are te first to give even a small reason. Thanks

I hope you can clerify more.

edit:What do you think of crossfireinf two MSI OC Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB, is this over kill? Will I even be able to use it?

I'm not looking for the simpler one, and money is not really an issue. I want the more powerful setup of thee two and I plan on overclocking my cpu. I dont know how much that affects the graphics card or if they can cause limitations on overclocking.

Again I just want to know which setup will put out the most. Now like I said I dont know much about graphics carrds so what Im doing may be overkill for current media. Im getting the same response everywhere else but you are te first to give even a small reason. Thanks

I hope you can clerify more.

edit:What do you think of crossfireinf two MSI OC Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB, is this over kill? Will I even be able to use it?

the best single card out right now bar none is the 4870x2, it beats the hell out of a pair of SLIed GTX280s and you could run it on your motherboard, but if you're serious about a more powerful setup, ditch the AMD cpu...

if you really want to knock yourself out, get a Intel Skulltrail motherboard, a couple high end core2quads and three GTX280s and tri SLI them (you want the best performance out there and money's no issue, right...?)...

that setup would come out to about $5,000 and would date rape any game out there...

here's an interesting fact about the Skulltrail motherboard courtesy of Newegg's customer reviews, "This motherboard was actually first built in 2015, someone overclocked it and it went so fast that it traveled back in time and landed here at Newegg."...

try not to get caught up in the time/space continuum when setting it up...

Well im already commited to amd. everything is ordered. I knew intel had the most power currently but im not a big intell fan.i figured id go to intel later after the cells ship. But for now i stayin with amd. So out of the two setups I chose. What one would have more power and be more efficient when I overclock. Again I dont mind if its complicated, I just want the more powerfull setup. Thanks again

Im going to make a new thread and ask this question specifically to get some more veiws and id like your opinion

Back
Top Bottom