Video card drivers

Denier-of-Soup

In Runtime
I'm thinking of upgrading my video card from a Radeon 9200 SE, made to support DirectX 8, to a Radeon X700, made to support DirectX 9.

I've already installed DirectX 9.0c. Will I have to reinstall it after uninstalling the 9200's driver? I just wanted to make sure that the video card driver I've isn't tied in with DirectX in any way.

DirectX is not your video card drivers, but rather the API system for games. You will need to uninstall your video card drivers, then go to www.ati.com and download the latest drivers suitable for the x700.

DirectX 9.0c does not need to be reinstalled.

it's always best to uninstall your previous drives before upgrading your video card, why chance it, only take a minute or two

mfrostbutter said:
it's always best to uninstall your previous drives before upgrading your video card, why chance it, only take a minute or two
You can always uninstall afterwards if you want. For example, one time my friend had an ATi card die on him, so I put my geforce4 in there.. now whenever he would right click on the desktop, he'd see both ati and nvidia on it.. lol.. everything worked fine though.

haha both nvidia and ati.

well uninstall the 9200 drivers, turn off comp, put in card, boot up into windows and install drivers.

Back
Top Bottom