video card, buy a second or upgrade?

i would just go with another 8800.
or you could sell your current 8800, and buy 2 9800 and SLI them
or 2 GTX 260 and SLI them. on newegg they are abut $260 each.
i dont know which one is better because i never saw the benches for nVidia.
i was always an ATI customer, but then i got the 8800. To me they are both great companies.

tbh imo theres no need to upgrade from an 8800 right now
besides crysis what game cant you max out?
i mean every other game coming out for pc is also coming out for 360/ps3
so youll be able to max those out as well
the only game i see you might have trouble maxing is far cry 2
or the new crysis
but any way if you really must upgrade id just get another 8800 for that dirt cheep price you might as well

thanks for the advice guys... Just wondering if there is an nvidia alternative.. I dislike ati =/

contrary to what Joga said, two 8800GT(s) in SLi will beat a 4870, but it's still a double card solution over a single card solution, so the PSU requirements and cooling are gonna be taxed, you may have to get another PSU unless you already have a beastly one now...

contrary to what Joga said, two 8800GT(s) in SLi will beat a 4870, but it's still a double card solution over a single card solution, so the PSU requirements and cooling are gonna be taxed, you may have to get another PSU unless you already have a beastly one now...

Yeah, I said I wasn't sure.

@Atomic: When wol-va-rine said that, he also that that OTOH you can also OC the HD4870, therefore it implies that HD4870 would be the better choice. At least that's how I read it.

Back
Top Bottom