Which Video card

rohan2jos

Baseband Member
Guys..I have an Intel d945gccr mobo which runs my core2duo 1.8ghz

I have a few questions....

1. The motherboard has an onboard graphics chipset - Intel gma 950 (256mb)....so would i need a new card? I asked around, and i am getting a 1gb card in 2k approx...

2. My mobo has pci express 3.0 slot...so would it support a ddr3 video card?

3. I am not a gamer...so should i be buying a video card at all? I am asking this since my current config is good enough for the xp and MINT graphics(The desktop themes)....

4. I tried overclocking with clockgen....it works...but when i restart the pc, the settings are back to default...i tried the notepad technique...but it doesnt work....could anyone please suggest any other way??

Any help would greatly be appreciated...

Cheers :)

That is the card i was talking about..... :)

could you tell me how to save clockgen settings...????? Please...i am desperate for that!! It is very irritating to constantly keep cchanging the settings on every boot!!

Erm, he's using it for the GPU and I don't know Clockgen, so that I can't really help you on that one I'm afraid

@Echo, my mobo does not show any option to change the FSB multiplier/// :(

@Ihuser....I am using it for the cpu....not the gpu....clockgen supports only cpu...
It is pretty irritating because you have to overclock it every time you boot... :(

I read an article....about saving the settings in a .ini file, and adding it to the clockgen shortcut path and then adding the shortcut itself to the startup folder....have any of u tried that????

some motherboards does not have support for overclocking.
can you see any increase in performance when you use the clockgen program?
use CPU-Z and see if your CPU really does increase when you use the program.

Yes...!!! IT DOES!! CPU-Z shows increase in the fsb and the clock rate....it is just that the settings cannot be saved.....

And the performance increases too...!!!

But i guess i will just have to keep changing the setting on every boot up :( :mad:

Is there no way whatsoever to overclock an intel mobo?? I am talking about the intel d945gccr...so its an older mobo...

if hitting the "apply at startup" button does not work, then i don't know.
you could just use sleepmode instead of shutting the computer down.
i always use sleepmode. it is just so easy to hit my keyboard and then 5 sec later i am ready to use my PC.
sleep mode does not use much power.
you do need to restart it once in while to avoid crashes.

Back
Top Bottom