Video Card

cantona

Daemon Poster
Hello

I have a NVIDIA GeForce 6600 Gt Video Card (128mb) and I belive this a pretty reasonable card (I Hope)

The problem I am having involves me playing a game called BattleField Vietnam and Prince of Persia

Now with BFV the game will ocassionaly go jumpy

With POP the game after quiting to windows will automatically restart

I am just wondering why this is happening?

To better your idea of my computer's compacity I will give you some stats:

120 Gb
512 Ram
K8N Neo Platinum

Any answers you can provide will be greatly appreciated

It sounds like a software problem to me... And the 6600 GT is a great card. I have one and love it. Try getting some new drivers if you haven't already (NVIDIA just came out with 71.84 WHQL signed graphics drivers, so get those if you haven't) or try re-installing some older ones. I had this kind of problem with Tribes: Vengeance, but after I moved from the 67.xx drivers to 69.xx drivers, the problem stopped occurring. It always used to crash after I quit the game as well.

Have you checked if your BIOS setting for AGP aperture is like your video card 128 Meg? What is the refresh rate of your monitor; is it set to its optimal value for your screen resolution? If not set it to that.
What is your swapfile setting (should be set MIN same as MAX at 1.5 times the amount of RAM you have or 768) so there will be less fragmentation. Finally, when was the last time you defragmented your hard drives!

Back
Top Bottom