Video Card

um no, that will short out your mobo and/ or video card, thats not a good thing. make sure your motherboard has an AGP slot before you buy the card also.

how do i do that? (check for the slot) i put in what my comp is... can you look it up or something>?

ACE please read all posts before posting

Blah, you are fine with that card. It is a good card for the money. To istall it all you do is push it in.

Are you sure he said that? He said that he was looking into buying an AGP 8x card, but he never said he actually had an AGP 8x slot... Maybe I just overlooked it... Especially since his computer came with the internal graphics card, it might not have an AGP slot, or if it does, it might not be AGP 8x. I don't know though...

By the way, I really don't recommend you get the FX 5200... I had one and it didn't get the job done for me. You might want to save up a little more money and look into a nicer graphics card, because you'll be happier in the long run. Patience, my friend, patience is the key. To get my 6600 GT, I had to have it... I waited about 3 months to get it! That was a long time for me...

When you insert it make sure the c like clip in the back goes in first and then bring your card down diagonally in the slot and then screw it in place. After that just put the cover back in place, the power supply back on your PC, boot up and insert the CD that came with in to install the drivers.

by the way, what is T&L? some of the games that i wanna play requires a video card that has a T&L hardware..

It really isnt that difficult to install a new gfx card, i had mine professionall installed the first time but now i just do it myself-takes a matter fo minutes, the software is more than often easy to use and after a few reboots u'll b done!!

yeah. T&L is Transform and Lighting, thats about all i know about it. damned game refuses to run without it. no offence, but my friend has the 5200 from NVIDIA (i had him run a program to check it) and it works fine for all his games. i cant go any higher.

Back
Top Bottom